Everyone should have 2-3 hours for themselves in the morning. Morning rituals are very important in one’s life. At the beginning of my career, one of my coaches told me, “How you start your day affects how the rest of your day will go.” I’ve learned a lot of lessons over the years that have proven true, but this one is most effective. So, today I’m going to share my Morning rituals, which I’ve been following from the last two years.
1. Wake Up Early: Start your day by expressing gratitude to the Universe/God by saying ” Thank you Universe/God for keeping me alive.” Feel it while saying it. Wake up at around 4 AM to 5 AM early in the morning. This time is called as Brahma Muhurat in Hinduism. This gives us more time than others to equip every aspect of life. Get up and fresh.
2. Practice Gratitude: Before you even get out of bed, give yourself a few minutes to smile and practice gratitude. When you smile, it signals your brain to release the feel-good neurotransmitters (dopamine, endorphins, and serotonin), which lift your mood, relax your body, and lower your heart rate. Who wouldn’t want to start their day on this positive note?
As you smile, start to reflect upon what you’re grateful for. Studies have shown practicing gratitude reduces stress hormones and improves mood, among other benefits. So, adding a simple daily gratitude practice is a great way to kick-start your morning.
Begin by taking one minute in bed before you rise to reflect on one person and one opportunity you are grateful for in your life.
3. Stretch: It seems so obvious, and yet so many people ignore it. You can do this in bed, using a simple stretched-out-legs-and-arms-overhead movement. Performing a morning stretching routine will help you to loosen your muscles after sleeping while increasing blood flow to your muscles.
4. Meditation: Don’t skip over this one just because it sounds boring or like you don’t have time for it. Meditation is only as strict, long, short, boring, or annoying as you make it. A “successful” meditation in an entire lifetime might be only a few seconds. However, sitting in a comfortable position and focusing on clearing your mind–even if it’s for less than a minute–can help your mental clarity and spiritual well-being and set the stage for the day.
Watch this 10-minute Meditation Video understand better:
5. Visualize: It is said that” When you visualize, then you materialize.” Visualization techniques have been used by successful people to visualize their desired outcomes for ages. It can help you to create an image in your head of everything you want out of life. Plus, it tells the universe what it is you would like to attract in your life. For example, if you would like a promotion in your job, visualize yourself moving into a new office, with your name on the door, and receiving a big check. Visualize your day how is it going to be today? Visualize how your meeting is going to be? Feel the happiness while visualizing, feel the vibration of your body. What visualization does is help you to find your goals, focus and manifest them. This will then help you in creating a positive and motivated mindset.
6. Drink lemon water: Lukewarm water with fresh lemon squeezed into it has numerous benefits–but you need to drink it first thing in the morning, also you can add some honey into it(Honey is a great natural anti-aging source). It starts your metabolism, which burns fat while sustaining muscle, cleanses your mouth and throat, and gives you a boost of energy. Then wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth, drinking, or eating anything.
7. Write Journal: Journaling is a great way to be creative. A blank page is a safe place to experiment with ideas that on the surface would seem far outside the realm of possibility.
Ask yourself these two questions:
- What am I grateful for today?
- What am I looking forward to today?
Journaling is an investment in yourself. It does not require any skill or talents — just willingness to write when you feel like it. You benefit from the self-expression and increased awareness of your thoughts and feelings.
6. Eat a Healthy Breakfast: You’ve already heard this a thousand times, but I’m going to say it again: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast consists of lean protein, whole grains, and healthy fats. You’ll gain all of the following benefits from eating a healthy breakfast:
- You’ll be less hungry throughout the day.
- You’ll have better focus and concentration.
- Skipping breakfast is tied to being overweight.
- You’ll have more energy.
7.Exercise for 30-45 Minutes: Well, it all depends on you. If you have enough time in the morning then go for it. Do it before Meditation. Do it only 3-4 days a week. Our body also needs some rest. I generally skip doing exercise early in the morning. It’s really time taking and takes my all energy so I do it in the evening. The main thing is that we have to keep our body perfectly healthy, fit and fine.
Your morning habits can make or break your day. The Morning rituals explained above are guaranteed to get your day started off right. Live your best life by creating good morning habits.